9 Ways To Dress Up Plain White Die Cuts
- Create an ombre effect with Copic markers. I used three colors to create an ombre effect on my plain white die cut. I started with the lightest color, added the darker shades and then blended them out with the lighter shade again to create a smooth ombre effect. You can try this with water based ink markers too!
- Add ink blending. I used my ink blending tool to add Cracked Pistachio and Broken China Distress Oxide Inks to my plain white die cut. This gives a two tone effect. Be sure to use colors that play well together. You can try this with any inks you may have.
- Scribble on some sparkle with sparkle pens. I used the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens in Solar Red and Rose Quartz to add color and sparkle at the same time. Fast, easy and sparkly!
- Add foil. Use a tacky drying glue to add foil to the bottom of your die cuts. I like the Zig Two Way glue pen. It's important that you allow this glue to dry before applying your foil. Use a die cut machine to add pressure and really press that foil in to the glue.
- Stamp on it. You can use any kind of stamp to add color and texture to your die cut in one quick step. If you're using a delicate die cut, try a smaller scale pattern. A more chunky die cut could handle a larger scale pattern.
- Glimmer paste = glittery goodness. I added a layer of Tonic Nuvo Glimmer Paste over the top of my die cut to give it an all over glittery finish. Be sure to clean your tools!
- Add a drop shadow. This works especially well for dies that don't come with a shadow layer. Just die cut the die out of colored card stock and adhere the two layers, offsetting them slightly. It adds color and faux dimension.
- Shimmer spritz for the win. I love the Sparkle Shimmer Spritz. Add it over a plain die cut...or one that you've already dolled up, for added sparkle snd shine.
- Glossy Accents is a quick and easy way to add dimension and shine to any plain die cut.
Keep in mind that you can combine any of these above to step up your die cut dress up game. Try adding Glossy Accents over your Copic ombre die cut. OR you can get really crazy and use shimmer spritz and glossy accents over your ombre die cut.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've enjoyed this quick tip video. Until next time, I hope you have a fabulous day!