Sentiments That Sparkle - The Ton's Fall 2016 Release Blog Hop
Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by today. Today I'm going to be getting all kinds of sparkly for this project! I am going to show you a couple of ways to really make your sentiments sparkle using layered embossing powder and glitter, as well as some foil.
These projects are a part of The Ton's Fall 2016 Release Blog Hop. The Ton has 23 new stamps for their Fall 2016 Release (18 clear stamps, 5 rubber cling) which include the Christmas Poinsettia set - a mini 2x3 stamp set which will be included in all orders over $100 (before shipping and taxes). All new release products stamps are available now! There are also coordinating dies available too! Be sure to head over there to check out all of their fantastic new sets.
I will walk you through these super sparkly cards in the video tutorial below, so be sure to check that out.
I used the Brushed Merry stamp set for these cards. I wanted to find a way to add tons of sparkle to these sentiments and really make them the focal point for these cards. I experimented with layering up some sparkle embossing powder and some super fine glitter. First I embossed the sentiment using a sparkle embossing powder. Once that was heat set, I stamped the sentiment again, using Versamark ink, right on top of the previous sentiment. I used the Versamark ink to add some super fine glitter to the sentiment. I then heat set that. By heat setting that, I remelted the embossing powder beneath to lock the glitter in to place. Because I was still having a bit of shedding, I stamped the sentiment one final time using Versamark ink and added a layer of clear embossing powder over the entire thing to really hold the glitter in place.
I created a gold glitter version of this card, as well as a red glitter version of this card. I love them both. Nothing says Christmas quite like red glitter.
I used the "and bright" stamps from the Brushed Merry stamp set to create the rest of my greeting. I using white embossing powder on black card stock for a real pop. I wanted to keep this portion of the card simple so that the focus would remain on that super sparkly sentiment.
I also created a foiled version of this card. I stamped the Brushed Merry stamp in some Antique Linen Distress Ink. I used my Zig Two Way Glue Pen to trace over the stamped sentiment and then applied some Therm O Web Champagne Deco Foil to the dried glue. This glue dries tacky, so it's perfect for this application. To make sure the foil was really stuck to the glue, I ran it through my Big Shot to add plenty of pressure and really press that foil into the adhesive.
I finished all of these cards off with a few sparkling clear sequins and a few die cut holly leaves for a pop of green. Because what's a Christmas card without a pop of green?
I also make a few cards with the Born Classy stamp set. Be sure to keep an eye out for a video tutorial of this card.
I made sure this little lady had plenty of sparkle on her dress as well. After I colored the image using Copic markers, I added a layer of the Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen. Once that dried, I stamped some of the details included in the Born Classy stamp set on her dress and embossed it in some sparkle embossing powder.
I created a background for her using the Holiday Confetti stamp set. I heat embossed the dot pattern on to some vellum in sparkle embossing powder. It made the perfect backdrop for my classy little gal. It almost reminds me of a moon.
Be sure to watch the video tutorial below. I'll walk you through my sparkly sentiment cards.
I hope you enjoyed these projects. Until next time, I hope you have a fabulous day!
GIVEAWAY DETAILS Four $25 gift certificates will be given away to random commenters on all the hop participant blogs. The comment period will close on Thursday, September 29th at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced after that date on The Ton's blog.
Complete List of Hop Participants
- The Ton https://thetonstampsblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/fall-2016-release-blog-hop
- Amy Tsuruta http://tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-tons-fall-2016-release-blog-hop.html
- Mayline Jung http://wp.me/p3gieN-29w
- Emily Midgett http://sixthstreetsundries.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-ton-september-release-blog-hop.html
- Laura Sterckx http://wp.me/p5lPKq-13A
- Eunji Jung http://eunjoa.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-ton-fall-2016-release-day-blog-hop.html
- Chris Daytonhttp://www.cattalesandpapertrails.com/2016/09/save-date.html
- Vera Yates http://lingshappyplace.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-ton-fall-2016-release-blog-hop.html
- Lisa Harrolle http://lisaembellishmyworld.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-tons-fall-2016-release-blog-hop.html
- LauraJane Head http://ahiaf.blogspot.com/2016/09/tt-release-day-blog-hop.html
- Carisa Wiley http://www.sprinkledwithglitter.com/2016/09/sentiments-that-sparkle-tons-fall-2016.html
- Jenny Lee Yamasaki https://handmadebyjly.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/the-ton-2016-fall-release-blog-hop/
- Lydia Fiedler http://understandblue.blogspot.com/2016/09/cheers.html
- Janette Kausen http://janettekausen.com/2016/09/12/the-ton-fall-release-blog-hop/
- Kymona Tracey https://kreativekymona.com/2016/09/27/the-tons-fall-2016-release-blog-hop/
- Justine Hovey http://www.justinehovey.com/2016/09/the-tons-fall-2016-release-blog-hop.html
- TaeEun Yoo http://rainbowinnovember.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-ton-2016-fall-release-blog-hop.html
- Laurel Beard http://wp.me/p59T5f-3jf
*affiliate links used*